Contoh soal Mid Semester bahasa inggris kelas X

MID TERM TEST
Date :
Class : X
Time allocation : 90 minutes

I. Answer the question based on the text below.

Last week was my birthday. It was ridiculous when I found my self alone at home.
My family give me a surprise. I woke up early that morning but I didn’t find anybody. Neither my parents nor my brother where in the house. The living room was dark. I was walked into when suddenly the whole family showed and shouted “Surprise !” there was a big cake with candle on it.
It was very happy. I’m sure it will be hard to forget it.

1. Where did the story take place?
2. How did the writer feel?
3. What happened when the writer walked into the living room?
4. What is the kind of the text?
5. What is the text tell us about?
6. What is the generic structure of the text?
7. What the writer realize for the first time after waking up in the morning?
8. What can you find in the first paragraph?
9. How is the living room look like?
10. When did the writer experience it?


II. Fill the branket using the most appropriate word or phrase.

a. Tony : Hello Atun , good morning.
Atun : (1) ........... Tony.

b. Bella : Lis, this is my brother . He is Bambang.
Lisa : Good morning Bambang.
Bambang : Good morning . Glad to meet you.
Lisa : (2).......... too.

c. Fitri : Hello Nikmah. How are you today ?
Nikma : (3) ...... thank you. And you ?

d. Ali : congratulation on your success, Rully.
Rully : Ok , thank you Ali
Ali : (4) ....., Rully.

e. Nugroho : Hello Joko.
Joko : Hi Nugroho. How is life.?
Nugroho : fine, thank you. And you ?
Joko : (5) ...........

III. Complete the following dialogue

Dosi : Hi, my name is Dosi,
Adin : Hi Dosi (6),......
Dosi : Nice to meet you
Adin : (7)...................
Dosi :Good and you ?
Adin : (8)..........................
Adin : sorry, I’ve got to home.
Dosi : Okay, Be careful Adin
Adin : (9)....................... Dosi
Dosi : Good bye!
Adin : (10)........

IV. Identify the sentence whether it is true or false, if true let it if false, correct it using appropriate word.
a. We (read) the Story in here some years ago.
b. He (come) to school by bus every day.
c. I always (walk) to school.
d. The children (play) in the park last Sunday.
e. a minute ago, I (eat) lunch in the cafeteria.
f. Helen (work) very hard today.
g. I (like) to sit and enjoying the sun every Saturday night.
h. The dog (chase) the cat all around the house last night.
i. Mr. Smith (work) in Garuda Airways.
j. Hendar generally (sit) at this desk yesterday.

V. Make a birthday invitation card using your imagination.




“to get a good future is to prepare it from now”
-------------Williem Haterulez-----------